Who determines which community keeps a duplicate/similar name?
CPZ developed criteria from the Municipal Advisory Group to determine which community would keep a duplicate or similar road name. The following criteria is prioritized with #1 being the highest priority:
1. Number of intersections: Roads with a higher number of cross streets would require more intersection signs.
2. Connectivity: A road may connect multiple municipalities.
3. Length of Road
4. Geographical Significance: Reference to a physical feature in the community/area
5. Historical Significance: Cultural or historical aspects of the community's history.
6. Number of addresses: Current number of addresses located on the segment of road.