What will the Uniform Address signs look like, and where will they be installed?
For most homes (and some businesses) in participating municipalities, workers from Lange Enterprises will install double-sided, flag-style address signs with lettering/numbering indicating the municipality, the property number, and the street/highway.
- Uniform Size: 20 x 9 inches
- Uniform Color: Reflective, blue background with reflective, white numbers and letters (the best color combination for emergency response crews to easily read day or night)
- Uniform Location: Side of the driveway
If your structure is more than 75 feet from the roadway, workers from Lange Enterprises will install a blue flag-style sign so that emergency services personnel and delivery drivers can quickly and easily find your address.
A select number of residences (and some businesses) will receive a single-sided address sign to affix to a home/building so that emergency services personnel and delivery drivers can quickly and easily find your address.
- Uniform Size: 14 x 3.5 inches
- Uniform Color: Black numbers on a reflective, white background
- Uniform Location: Near the main entrance; must be visible from the road
If you receive a building-mounted Uniform Address sign, it has been determined that your structure is close enough to the road for a building-mounted Uniform Address sign to be visible.
We understand that businesses may have special needs or circumstances regarding Uniform Address signs and that there will be some cases where we’ll need to have some flexibility on ordinance specifics. We’re working with towns and individual sites to make these accommodations.